I can’t believe how quickly this year has passed. Only 8 more days until 2010. So, I guess it’s about time to look back and see how i did in 2009.
I set 6 resolutions in January. Let’s review those and see how I did:
Keep up the consistent training schedule.With marathon training, I think I did just that. There were a couple of times that I took a week off here and there, but overall, I kept a pretty consistent schedule of running 3-4 times each week. I didn’t cross-train as much as I would have liked, but I can always work on that in 2010.
- Post more consistently. I did really well for the first half of the year, I only averaged 2-3 posts per month after that, except September with a whopping 6 posts. I’ve really been slacking around the blog, but I am going to work on posting at least once per week from now on (of course, that will go on my 2010 resolution post).
- Time management. This is always a problem. I think I got even better at managing work time, but I still let lots of things slip through the cracks at home. I guess this one will be going back on next year’s list, too.
- Keep the garage clean! Nope. Fail. I didn’t do a little each weekend to keep it cleaner (not even a little each month), and maybe that was too ambitious. Or maybe, like I said at the beginning of the year, I’ve really got to master the time management thing so I’ll have time to clean the garage.
- Delegate more. I’ve managed to hand a couple of jobs to my employees, and I think my phone rings less, but there are some projects that are hard to let go of.
- Calendar. I definitely did better with my calendar at work, and it’s even helping a little at home. Not completely solving all my time management problems, but I like to think it’s helping.
I ran 128 times (so far) in 2009, totaling 796 miles. I’ve still got a few days left, so I should finish the year off over 130 runs and over 800 miles easily. Of course, now that I say that, I’ll probably twist my ankle walking to my truck to go home today.