Wow, I can’t believe it’s already almost 2009! Today is December 31, 2008. It’s been an amazing year. Let’s take a look at where the year started, and how I fared with my resolutions!
- Run more, and more consistently. I think I did really well with this one. Since June, I’ve run 393 miles. I’m not sure how far I ran before June, because I didn’t have the Nike+ kit (thanks Grandma Shirley!) Included in there is the Human Race 10k, the Midlothian Blaze 5k, and the Richmond Half-Marathon. I’m very proud of how I’ve done with this resolution, and since I’ve already signed up for 3 races next year, (the Shamrock Half Marathon and Monument Avenue 10k in March and the Richmond Marathon in November) I better keep up with the consistency!
- Post more, and more consistently. I started off well, in January with 7 posts, but it was all down hill from there. I don’t know if my dream of more consistent posts is realistic or not, but I’m going to try to post at least once a week from now on.
- der5er.com T-Shirts. Yeah, that didn’t happen. Really, I need to build a larger readership to make this even do-able, so I don’t think I’ll be making any shirts in 2009 either.
- Migrate Shirleyannesheart.com to a new web host. Done. I’m very happy with Hostgator.com hosting, just enough size, excellent reliability and customer service.
- Time management. I’ve gotten much better at managing my time at work, now if I could just do the same at home. I’m sure Christi will agree that my honey-do list never gets shorter.
- Have more fun! I think this was definitely accomplished in 2008, but will continue to be a goal for 2009 as well. You can never have too much fun!
Other than the above carry-overs to 2009, I haven’t finished thinking of my 2009 resolutions yet. I’ll post more about those later.
Link Dumps. I finally found a way to automatically share with you interesting articles from other blogs that I read. Now, whenever I read something interesting, all I have to do is click the share button in Google Reader, and a link to that article will appear in the next weekly link dump. Link dumps are also a way to remind me that the blog is here and that I need to actually write something!
How did you do in 2008? Let me know in the comments!
- 2010 Resolutions and Goals